Battle Ground Protocol
Governor’s Stay at Home Order
On April 29, Gov. Inlsee issued a memo clarifying “existing construction” as construction activity that is a) needed to fulfill an obligation under a contract effective prior to March 23, 2020, or b) authorized by a government-issued permit obtained prior to March 23, 2020
City of Battle Ground affidavits are no longer required.
As long as the subdivision you are has already undergone permitted grading construction, then single family home building can resume as soon as a permit is issued and state required COVID-19 documentation is posted on site.
All contractors are required to post at each job site written notice to employees, subcontractors and government officials the Phase 1 work that will be performed at that job site and signed commitment to adhere to the requirements listed in this document. Without this signed notice posted, no inspections will be performed by the City of Battle Ground.
The Community Development Department is temporarily closed to the general public, however staff will still be processing planning and building applications.
Permit/Plan Submittal and pick-up:
Step 1) Online Submittal Procedures:
- Fill out an application online.
- E-mail a completed application to email@example.com.
- Staff will then reach out to the applicant with an invoice and further instructions on how to submit a payment online.
Step 2) City Hall Drop-Off Procedures:
- We are still requiring paper copies of the application packet. Customers may submit projects, re-submittals, and documents in the first-floor lobby of City Hall, located at 109 SW 1st Street. Please only submit plans after all other steps have been completed.
- This is an unstaffed location for document drop off only. Read the posted instructions carefully and place your application form and corresponding documents in the drop-off bins. Physical distancing is in place, so maintain a minimum of six feet between customers when dropping off project plans and applications. No payments are allowed here.
- Please note that all submitted documents will go through a 24 hour quarantine period.
Step 3) City Hall Pick-Up Procedures:
- Staff will let the applicant know when customers may pick up their project files in the first-floor lobby.
Important note regarding pre-applications: Meetings will not be held during the temporary closure. Instead, the staff planner will coordinate internal review and send the written pre-application report to the applicant the day of the scheduled pre-application meeting. The applicants may then follow up with staff with any remaining questions.
Building Inspections at sites where permits have already been issued and construction is underway are still offered at this time. However, new field Inspection protocols are being developed for the safety of City employees. You may be asked to provide photos instead of an in-person residential interior inspection. Inspectors will also ask you questions about your health, including if you are in COVID-19 isolation or are experiencing any symptoms. Your inspection may be performed at a later date if deemed necessary.