- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
Washington Family and Medical Leave seminar
Tuesday, October 30
10:00 - 12 noon
BIA of Clark County
$75 for members; $100 for non-members
This class is designed for companies who have under 50 employees.
This session will address the basic elements of the law and outline the requirements based on the size of your company and what you need to do for 2019 and for 2020. We will review information to help you make decisions on whether you will pay the employee’s portion of the premium or deduct from their check and options for an opt-in plan or develop your own voluntary plan. This session will address the reporting requirements and written policies necessary for administering this plan.
Upon completion of this program, participants will have the information they need to:
- Understand the requirements of the law and when they need to comply
- Determine what premiums they are required to pay and when
- Decide if they will pay the employee’s portion of the premium or deduct from their checks
- Gain a better understanding of opt-in and voluntary plan details
- Understand the elements of the written policy and how to implement and manage a paid family and medical leave program