- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
Open Position at Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW)
May 28, 2019
Communications Writer & Editor
Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW)
The Building Industry Association of Washington is seeking a professional to create, edit and manage content for multiple platforms in support of the association’s mission and goals.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Writer/Editor is responsible for developing and managing content for the organization, including strategic messaging and content that engages and builds trust and credibility with a variety of audiences.
- Provide ongoing media management support including: pitching, responding/tracking inquiries, identifying relevant media outlets/contacts for relationship building
- Content development for a variety of channels, including social media, speaker’s bureau, op-eds, marketing materials, publications, website, etc.
- Create and edit documents, key messages/proof points, talking points, press releases, media fact sheets, issue papers, quotes, and more
- Develop and maintain CRM lists, including internal audiences and media
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategic communications plans
- Coordinate with the association’s members and external audiences, including media, legislators, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure BIAW’s branding is maintained consistently with one voice, meeting business, and legal standards
- Other duties as may be assigned
Send resume, cover letter, and writing samples to:
Jennifer Spall, Communications and Public Relations Director
Building Industry Association of Washington
111 21st Avenue SW
Olympia, WA 98501