- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
Open Position at Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County
June 18, 2019
Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County
Under general supervision, the selected candidate provides responsible and specialized administrative and membership support to the Association. The selected candidate will routinely be involved in the day to day operations performing administrative/clerical duties as directed by the Executive Director & Membership Director.
HOURS: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- Assists Membership Director with member records & database updates, data mining of new member prospect lists, phone calls/emails/general communication to members.
- Assists Office Manager with timely mailings of monthly invoices, statements and other membership materials.
- Answering incoming calls promptly and courteously, providing assistance to callers, forwarding calls to proper individuals/organizations and taking complete and accurate messages as necessary.
- Answers requests from members and the general public for information or directs them to the appropriate staff member and/or agency that may be able to answer their questions.
- Greets visitors in a pleasant, business-like manner and assists with questions or problems or directs them to the appropriate staff.
- May assist with preparation of Association’s monthly and major events, including but not limited to Home Shows, Parade of Homes, Golf Tournament, monthly dinner meetings, education courses, etc. May including being available to help at the event when needed.
- Prepares meeting materials as directed by the staff for the Board of Directors and other committees.
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position is ideal for the candidate that possesses a high school diploma and/or some college and has a natural desire to work in the non-profit sector. Candidate must have knowledge of how to operate basic office equipment and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.) Candidate must have excellent clerical and customer service skills, a willingness to learn new things, a positive attitude and eagerness to acquire new skills. Background and credit check may be required.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume via email to Avaly Scarpelli, Executive Director, at email@example.com or mail to the BIA of Clark County office at 103 E. 29th St., Vancouver, WA 98663.