- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
Open Position at Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County
July 17, 2019
Communications & Education Program Manager
Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County
- Plans, creates and distributes communication to the BIA membership and public.
- Content management on BIA website, including advertising platform.
- Content management on Parade of Homes website.
- Serves as managing editor of the Association newsletter by writing, obtaining, and editing articles.
- Creates content and schedules distribution of weekly events email to members.
- Creates content and schedules posting of all social media content for BIA & BIA home shows.
- Develops and maintains a system for media contacts. Prepares news releases on a regular basis and maintains an effective liaison and positive communications with all local news media.
- Creates content for inclusion in guest columns for Vancouver Business Journal.
- Manage written responses to situations or issues which affect industry perception and reputation.
- Establish metrics, track progress and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness.
Marketing & Outreach
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive marketing plan for the Association, including media buying.
- Project management of all Association home show publications including New Homes Tour, Parade of Homes and Remodeled Homes Tour magazines.
Oversees project management, content & distribution of BIA membership directories.
- Manages in-house creation of membership marketing materials, including event graphics and membership drive materials.
- Serves as staff photographer at all BIA events. Posts event photo albums on BIA social media. Maintains online system of filing photos.
Education & Administration
- Assists Government Affairs Director on policy issues and participates in public policy development and creation of op-ed pieces as directed.
- Serves as the primary staff contact for the creation and maintenance of the Association’s Strategic Plan.
- Coordinates the Association’s education program to include scheduling classes and marketing classes to the membership.
- Assists Events Director, as needed, in the marketing and promotion of Association events, including but not limited to the Parade of Homes, New Homes Tour, Remodeled Homes Tour, Golf Tournaments, and Membership Dinners.
- Provides primary staff support to the Building Futures Foundation Scholarship Committee, to include:
- Serves as administrator for the Scholarship Committee, which entails record keeping and following up on committee requests.
- Maintains the Scholarship Fund and coordinates the annual fundraising campaign or event (setting the budget, coordinating fundraising activities.)
- Coordinate the distribution, advertisement, and review of the scholarship applications.
- Coordinates the Scholarship Award ceremony.
- Provides primary staff support to the Green Building Council, to include:
- Serves as administrator for the Green Building Council, which entails record keeping and following up on committee requests.
- Establishes a budget and maintains the financial records of the Council.
- Serves as industry liaison for workforce development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Candidate must have demonstrated understanding of internal communications planning within in a professional business setting, solid writing and editing abilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (or comparable design program).
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including via phone, in-person, and email.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working with Google AdWords, email marketing, SEO and WordPress preferred.
- Project management and stakeholder management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities, working with minimal supervision and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Requires 3-5 years with demonstrated successful track record in a similar position.
- Requires BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, political science or related field.
- Full-time, Salaried, Exempt position
- Minimum 40 hours per week
- Required attendance at evening meetings and events
- Limited local travel is required
- May be required to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance & HSA plan, 401k retirement plan & employer match, paid vacation and 8 paid holidays per year.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to Avaly Scarpelli, Executive Director, at email@example.com.