- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
Open Position at Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
August 9, 2018
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
Manages all aspects of Habitat’s construction and home repair projects. Teaches, coaches and leads a diverse group of enthusiastic staff and volunteers who possess the broadest possible range of skill levels, providing excellent volunteer experiences.
• Develop and manage construction plans, schedules and budgets for on-time, on-budget, high-quality projects in accordance with affiliate plans
• Lead on-site construction efforts on active build days, including directing up to 20 volunteers at one time in a safe, fun, and high quality experience on site.
• Select plans that meet affiliate policy and family needs, and secure permits
• Assure adequate materials are available each workday
• Select and manage subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with affiliate policy and engage them as construction partners as well as in-kind donors whenever possible
• Work with Family Services Manager to coordinate partner family involvement
• Insure compliance with applicable sustainable building standards, safety regulations, and affiliate policy
• Maintain good relationships with inspectors and schedule all permitting inspections in a timely manner
• Oversee and manage affiliate partnerships with Evergreen School District.
• Evaluate and oversee home repair program projects.
• Ensure that the Affiliate’s Safety Policy is followed on the construction site and is updated as needed to comply with regulations and best practices.
• Train, coach and supervise assigned staff and AmeriCorps National Direct members, including creation of work plans and conducting performance reviews.
• Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator to insure sufficient work crews are available for planned work
• Host the volunteers, ensuring they have an excellent experience on site.
Planning and Communications
• Identify and develop systems and resources needed to meet production goals established by the affiliate’s strategic plan.
• Regularly review and adapt (if needed) affiliate building methods to reflect current best practices, with particular attention to: current HFHI standards, affordability, volunteer friendly, sustainability and accessibility/universal design.
• Work closely with the Construction Committee and Executive Director to identify improvement opportunities in the design, planning, permitting, and construction (or repair) of the homes, to improve the cost and sustainability of the homes
• Identify needs related to Land acquisition and development; work with Executive Director and Land Acquisition Committee to develop related plans.
• Support and endorse the Habitat for Humanity mission
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Strong communication skills with the ability to lead, teach and motivate volunteer work crews
• Construction management skills and experience
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to plan, budget and schedule
• Ability to manage multiple variables in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, calm and good-natured
• Knowledge of MS Office including Excel; prefer knowledge of MS Project
• Knowledge of sustainable building practices
• Ability to train persons of varying skill levels and to work with a wide spectrum of people in a collaborative way
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed. Access to a car is required to fill some of the duties of this position.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays. (General work schedule is 8:00-4:00, Tuesday through Saturday.)
• Physically able to work on outdoor construction site in all kinds of weather, lift 50 lbs., stand, reach, climb ladders, balance, see and hear
Salary and benefits:
Salary range, $40,000 to $50,000, dependent on experience and skills. Benefits include paid medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Submit resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references to Bruce Armstrong at email@example.com. Position is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin immediately. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment.