- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
- Get Involved
- News & Resources
BIA Bestows 2017 Building Excellence Awards & Spring Home Show Honors
$4,750 donated to RockSolid Community Teen Center
Vancouver, Wash – (August 18, 2017) – Last evening the Building Industry Association of Clark County (BIA) recognized twelve (12) member companies with Building Excellence Awards for outstanding projects completed between July 2016 through June 2017.
Entries for the Building Excellence Awards are judged on quality craftsmanship, unique design features, company safety record, usage of BIA subcontractors & suppliers and completion of project on time and on budget.
“The Building Excellence Awards program is a great way for our organization to draw attention to the outstanding performance of our members across many different segments of the market, including new residential construction, remodeling and commercial building,” notes BIA President Aaron Marvin. “Landscaping and interior design services are also an integral part of creating the special places people call home. We had several companies take home awards for the first time, which is always terrific to see.”
2017 Building Excellence Awards
- New Home Under $350,000 – Creekside Homes
- New Home $350,000 – $500,000 – Generation Homes NW
- New Home $500,000-$750,000 – “Paterson Residence” by Copper Creek Homes
- Universal Design – “Harvey & Bennett Residence” by Design Doctors Construction, LLC
- Multi-Family New Construction – “Whipple Creek Village” by Boulevard Homes NW
- Multi-Family Remodel – “Lake Crest Apartments” by Millar Construction
- Residential Landscaping – “Deutsch Residence” by Vick Landscaping
- Residential Interior Design – “Mitchell Residence” by Carrie McCampbell Design
- Residential Remodel $50,000 – $100,000 – “Cram Residence” by Kashas Design Build
- Residential Remodel $100,000 – $200,000 – “Parker Residence” by Mountainwood Homes
- Residential Remodel $200,000+ – “McCulloch Residence” by Project 360 Construction, Inc.
- New or Renovated Commercial Project – “St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic High School” by Hinton Development, LLC
NW Natural New Homes Tour and Chef, Hop & Vine award winners
Winners of awards voted on by attendees of the NW Natural New Homes Tour presented by DeWils and NW Natural Chef, Hop & Vine event were also honored at last night’s dinner meeting. The New Homes Tour was held during the first two weekends of June and featured 18 homes by 12 BIA builders. The popular Chef, Hop & Vine kick-off night featured area chefs paired with local breweries and wineries at 7 homes on the tour.
Half of the ticket proceeds from the June 1 Chef, Hop & Vine tour were donated to ROCKSOLID Community Teen Center in Battle Ground. Executive Director Marcy Sprecher and Board Member Lori Lindberg accepted a check for $4,750 on behalf of the charity last night. “We are so grateful to the BIA and Chef, Hop & Vine committee for choosing Rocksolid Community Teen Center as the recipient of this event,” shares Marcy Sprecher. “ROCKSOLID provides a safe after school hangout for youth (5th-12th grade) and fosters positive relationships with peers and caring adults. This generous donation will help our growing program, serving the youth in our Battle Ground community.”
New Homes Tour Honorees
Best Kitchen: Pacific Lifestyle Homes “Hockinson Meadows”
Most Livable Floor Plan: Pahlisch Homes “Belz Place”
Best of Show: Cascade West Development “Summit at Columbia Vista”
Chef, Hop & Vine Honorees
Best Pairing: The Oaks Bar & Grill and Loowit Brewing
Best Presentation: Feast 316
Best Wine: Burnt Bridge Cellars
Best Brew: Fortside Brewing Company
Most Creative Menu: Feast 316
Best Overall: Feast 316
The Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County is a non-profit trade association representing the interests of all businesses involved with real estate, land development, homebuilding and construction.
Stephanie Frisch, PR Director