Building Futures Foundation
The Building Futures Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation that supports individuals pursuing careers in the building industry through scholarships and tool grants.
Since 2007, we’ve awarded 121 scholarships and tool grants, representing a total investment of $214,250 in construction careers.
Students living in Clark County who plan to pursue a career in the building industry by attending a college, university, or a trade/technical school can apply for scholarships.
1st and 2nd year apprentices or new business owners in the building/construction industry can apply for tool grants. We welcome the opportunity to help you further your career!
- Ava Golemo – Architectural / Civil Engineering | Cal Poly
- Elijah Loudenback – Civil Engineering | Boise State University
- Julian Torres – Electrician | CITC (Construction Industry Training Counsel)
- Miriam Muntean – Structural Engineer | Boise State University
- Ava Stewart – Engineering / Plumbing | Washington State University
- Laura Muntean – Residential Design | University of Washington
- Chavelle Higgins – Interior Designer | Heritage Interior Design School
- Anthony Herndon – Tool Grant | Electrician
- Erin Bowen – Tool Grant | Plumbing | CITC (Construction Industry Training Counsel)
- Sophia Reyes – Nutter Scholarship | Business Construction / Spanish | Clackamas Community Collage
- Chris North – Tool Grant Recipient, Fallen Warrior Landscaping
- Tye Kangas – Washington State University, Mechanical Engineering
- Sam Thometz – Arizona State University, Construction Management
- Caleb Davis – Clackamas Community College, Engineering
- David “Cooper” Chun – Clark College, Civil Engineering
- Elizabeth Rowden – Washington State University, Civil Engineering
- Jenna Childress – University of Arizona, Engineering
- Joseph Cline – Washington State University, Electrical Engineering
- Laura Muntean – University of Washington, Civil Engineering
- Benz Brawley – George Fox University, Construction Management
Thank you to our 2022-2023 Building Futures Foundation Committee Members:
Melissa Bailey of PNW Fire Protection (Chair), Lisa Thompson of Heritage Bank, Jason Presser of Fairway Independent Mortgage, Jennifer Ramsay of WFG National Title, Anna Benson of Schluter Systems, Jamie Young of Uptown Screen Printing, Rebecca Waddell of IQ Credit Union, Kelsey Hendricks of Cambria and Melissa Galland of DO&Be.