- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
- Get Involved
- News & Resources
Building Industry Celebrates Exceptional Leaders in Homebuilding
The Building Industry Association of Clark County (BIA) is thrilled to announce the 2020 President’s Awards recipients.
The following individuals and companies were recognized for their leadership, involvement, and support of the association; excellence in craftsmanship; and/or advocacy efforts on behalf of the building industry.
Senator Lynda Wilson: Industry Advocate of the Year
- The Industry Advocate of the Year award is bestowed upon an individual (elected or not) who go above and beyond in advocating for the homebuilding industry. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize Senator Wilson. Not only a Senator for the 17th Legislative District, her and her husband Tracy also own DeWils Fine Cabinetry, and have been long-time members of the BIA. Senator Wilson has sponsored numerous bills to address housing affordability and protect the industry including modifications to the Growth Management Board, shoreline act, and State Building Code Council. She is always the first to ask for BIA member opinions on any proposed legislation or action.
Chuck Neibert of Affinity Homes: Membership Champion of the Year
- The Membership Champion of the Year Award is bestowed upon an individual who goes above and beyond in recruiting new members to the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize Chuck Neibert for his recruitment efforts. Chuck recruited 35 new members to the BIA in 2020, winning the overall state membership recruitment contest, top spike in his recruitment category and secured a spot in the LG Signature Kitchen Suites Napa Valley Trip for the national membership contest. In addition to being our local membership champion of the year, he was recently recognized by the BIA of Clark County for an Associate Advisory Council Builder Appreciation Award at the BIAW state board meeting.
Columbia Credit Union: Associate Member of the Year
- The Associate Member of the Year Award is bestowed upon a company for their involvement in the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize Columbia Credit Union. As the Title Sponsor for the Remodeled Homes Tour – Virtual Edition, they helped brainstorm how the event could still take place during COVID. James O’Neil, Business Outreach and Development Representative, was the host for all the segments for the Virtual Edition of the home show, as well as a special episode on why homeowners should hire a BIA remodeler. The segments could not have been as well done without James as the on-screen personality.
NW Natural: Supplier Member of the Year
- The Supplier Member of the Year Award is bestowed upon a company for their involvement in the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize NW Natural. As a long-time member of the BIA and supporter of BIA events, NW Natural stepped up to be the Title Sponsor of the New Homes Tour, which was held in October. They encouraged the production of a new video series “Cooking with Colgate” in place of the popular Chef, Hop & Vine event, to promote the builders in the show and use of gas appliances.
Lifetime Exteriors: Subcontractor Member of the Year
- The Subcontractor Member of the Year Award is bestowed upon a company for their involvement in the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize Lifetime Exteriors. They stepped up to be Presenting sponsor of the BIA Membership Golf Tournament, which was one of the few events we could host in-person last year. They also were a sponsor of the Scholarship Committee’s Virtual Auction, helping raise over $20k in scholarships and tool grants.
Aaron Marvin, A.C.T. Builders: Remodeler of the Year
- The Remodeler Member of the Year Award is bestowed upon a company for their involvement in the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize Aaron Marvin of A.C.T. Builders. Aaron was a significant contributor to last year’s Remodeled Homes Tour – Virtual Edition, entering 4 projects in the event. He also served as the BIA’s local representative on the statewide BIA of Washington Remodelers Council and Education Committee, while also spearheading efforts to plan the remodel of the BIA office. He also completed the construction of an adaptive smart home for the Gary Sinise Foundation that was given to US Army SSG Rico Roman to ease daily burdens of an injury he received while deployed.
New Tradition Homes: Builder of the Year
- The Builder Member of the Year Award is bestowed upon a company for their involvement in the association. For the 2020 year, President Myllymaki would like to recognize New Tradition Homes. New Tradition Homes stepped up early as a Supporting Sponsor of Casino Night, which eventually was turned into an online auction for the Building Futures Foundation’s scholarship program. They also sponsored the sweet treats at the BIA’s dinner meeting in January 2020 and were the presenting sponsor of the February 2020 BIA Dinner, which was the last dinner the association had before COVID-related shutdowns. The company also sponsored the food for the annual Turkey Shoot event and had a team of shooters.
Dave Myllymaki of ReNew Creations (and 2020 BIA President): Outstanding Leadership Award
- The Outstanding Leadership Award is bestowed upon an individual for their demonstration of exceptional leadership. This year, the BIA would like to recognize current President Dave Myllymaki. Dave presided over 2 dinner meetings in 2020 before the COVID pandemic hit. Throughout 2020, Dave assisted with government affairs, membership, and serves as a state director on the BIAW board, where he was presented with BIAW’s prestigious “Remodeler of the Year” award in November 2020. Dave’s outstanding leadership has helped the BIA prosper and in turn, serve our members to the greatest extent possible.