- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
- Get Involved
- News & Resources
Open Position at Building Industry Association of Clark County
May 28, 2019
Communications & Education Program Manager
Building Industry Association of Clark County
Marketing and Communications (75% of position)
- Oversees all internal and external communication for BIA, ensuring brand and message consistency.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for the BIA.
- Serves as liaison between BIA, the media, and industry/community partners.
- Prepare news releases and/or op-eds on a regular basis. Authors BIA’s monthly guest column for Vancouver Business Journal.
- Manage written responses to situations or issues which affect industry perception and reputation.
- Website management for BIAofClarkCounty.org, ClarkCountyParadeofHomes.com, TheNewHomesTour.com, and RemodeledHomesTour.com.
- Serves as managing editor of the BIA newsletter by writing, obtaining, and editing articles.
- Compiles industry updates, upcoming events, and relevant information.
- Creates and schedules distribution of weekly email to members.
- Utilize audience segmentation as needed.
- Oversees email marketing contact list and ensures edits to member records are completed in a timely manner.
- Creates content and schedules posting of all social media content (including paid ad campaigns)for BIA, home shows, and committees/councils.
- Oversees, authors, and edits content for all BIA publications including Member Directories and Home Show magazines.
- Manages in-house creation of BIA marketing materials (including but not limited to event graphics, signage, membership drive materials, promotional videos, and virtual home tours).
- Serves as staff photographer at all BIA events. Posts event photo albums on BIA social media.
- Maintains internal system of filing photos.
- Establish metrics, track progress, and develop tools to improve marketing and communication effectiveness.
- Provides member outreach assistance for the Government Affairs Coordinator.
Education (25% of position)
- Coordinates the BIA’s education program to include scheduling in-person and virtual classes, and marketing classes to the membership.
- Serves as industry liaison for workforce development initiatives.
- Provides primary staff support to the Building Futures Foundation’s Scholarship Committee including:
- Serves as administrator for the Scholarship Committee, which entails record keeping and following-up on committee requests.
- Maintains the Scholarship Fund and coordinates the annual fundraising campaign or event (setting the budget, coordinating fundraising activities, etc.)
- Coordinates the distribution, advertisement (including outreach to schools), and review of the scholarship applications.
- Coordinates the Scholarship Award ceremony.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Candidate must have demonstrated understanding of marketing and communication functions in a professional business setting.
Strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities, working with minimal supervision, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is required.
Excellent writing and communications skills, including via phone, in-person, and email.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) product knowledge is preferred. Exceptions will be made for experience utilizing comparable graphic design software. Video production skills are a plus.
Knowledge and experience with WordPress, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and digital advertising implementation (such as Google Ads), email marketing, and Search Engine Optimization are preferred.
Project management and stakeholder management experience a plus.
Willingness to stay abreast industry trends and technology is a plus.
Requires 3-5 years with demonstrated successful track record in a similar position.
Requires BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, political science, or related field.
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt position
Minimum 40 hours per week
Required attendance at evening meetings and events
Limited local travel is required
May be required to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
Annual Salary Range $50,000 – $60,000
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and HSA plan, 401k retirement plan with employer match, paid vacation and 8 paid holidays per year.
Send resume, cover letter, and writing samples to:
Bart Hansen, Executive Director, at Bart@biaofclarkcounty.org