- Find a Member
- Events & Classes
- Get Involved
- News & Resources
Building Futures Foundation Awards $20,250 in Scholarships and Tool Grants
The Building Futures Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit and extension of the Building Industry Association of Clark County is delighted to announce ten recipients of academic scholarships and tool grants for the 2020-2021 year.
- Alex Tetz of La Center – Construction Management, University of Washington
- Connor Sorensen of Vancouver – Architecture (Civil Engineering Minor), Montana State University
- Deanne Armstrong of Camas – Interior Design, George Fox University
- Ellie Josephson of Ridgefield – Architecture, Portland State University
- Ezekiel Cochran of Ridgefield – Mathematics (Emphasis in Engineering), LeTourneau University
- Hailey Grotte of Battle Ground – Architecture, Washington State University
- Jorge Martinez of Vancouver – Frontier Electric Apprenticeship
- Kyle Brabec of Battle Ground – Finance, George Fox University
- Marissa Hunter of Vancouver – Electrical Engineering, California Baptist University
- Miriam Muntean of Vancouver – Civil Engineering, Boise State University
Sarah Neibert, Chair of the Scholarship Committee reflected, “On behalf of the Building Futures Foundation’s Scholarship Committee, I wanted to extend our sincerest thank you to the sponsors, donors, and volunteers that make awarding scholarships and tool grants possible. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our typical fundraising event was cancelled. We’re beyond grateful that the Foundation’s supporters showed up (albeit virtually) to ensure the continued mission of helping individuals pursue careers in the building industry could continue.”
Since 2002, the Building Futures Foundation has supported individuals pursuing careers in the building industry through academic scholarships and tool grants.
The Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County is a nonprofit trade association representing the interests of all businesses involved with real estate, land development, homebuilding, and construction.