Local Community Development Closures and Procedures
Stay at Home Order Clarification
Today, Gov. Jay Inslee issued official guidance that construction is an essential activity in certain circumstances under the Stay-at-Home Order he announced on Monday.
Beginning at midnight on Wednesday, Mar. 25, 2020 only certain activities will be allowed until at least April 8, 2020.
Section 3 (d) of the Order does allow businesses to secure their jobs sites and equipment:
“For purposes of this Proclamation, minimum basic operations are the minimum activities necessary to maintain the value of the business’ inventory, preserve the condition of the business’ physical plant and equipment, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, facilitate employees of the business being able to continue to work remotely from their residences, and related functions.”
and in the list of essential services:
Construction workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction) for all essential facilities, services and projects included in this document, and for residential construction related to emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity.
Inspection Reminder: In accordance with CDC and state recommendations, please practice social distancing protocol when inspectors are on the job site. Always maintain a 6 foot distance, no hand shaking, etc. They are working to make sure we can. Please do whatever is necessary to make this as easy and least anxiety inducing as possible. If the jurisdiction offers virtual inspections, Sherlook, FaceTime, Skype, please use those if at all possible.
By Appointment Only
Residential Building Applications
If you want to submit an application you will need to create your permit online. Please make sure you check “Receive e-mail when my action is needed”. Customers may drop off applications if applied on-line and the initial permit fees have been paid. In order for the applications to be accepted in our system all application requirements must be submitted.
At this time an appointment is required to pick up all permits, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 564-397-4807 to schedule an appointment.
Questions?: firstname.lastname@example.org or 564-397-4078
The Building Inspection team would prefer you use virtual inspections, Sherlook, FaceTime, Skype.
All push pull mechanical and plumbing inspections installs must be done by installer with Sherlook at conclusion of work.
By Appointment Only
Permit Center: The permit center will be closed to the public, however staff will still be processing applications. Staff will receive and issue permits and planning applications by appointment only. Please call (360) 342-5046 to set up an appointment.
Inspections will continue as scheduled at this time.
For appointments call 360-817-1568. The City will continue to monitor newly released information to determine closures and cancellations going forward.
By Appointment Only
Effective immediately, construction in Ridgefield will temporarily be limited as follows:
1) For residential development and building projects, all work including sites, permit submittals/drop-offs/pickups, and inspections MUST STOP, EXCEPT project or site work necessary to prevent spoliation and avoid damage, which includes activities necessary to temporarily close down and secure a site for protection of the structure and the public safety. ALL SITES MUST BE SECURED AND CLOSED BY END OF DAY SUNDAY, MARCH 29, AND REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL THE RESTRICTIONS IN THE GOVERNOR’S ORDER HAVE BEEN LIFTED.
2) For residential remodel construction on premises which have already been granted an occupancy permit, all work including sites, permit submittals/drop-offs/pickups, and inspections MUST STOP, EXCEPT project or site work necessary for “emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity”.
- To schedule a submittal (8-12pm M-F) or plan pickup (8-4pm M-F) appointment contact:
- Applicants may submit up to 2 SFRs/day
- Building inspections will be restricted to new construction and unoccupied structures that have been vacant for more than two weeks.
Closed until April 30 – Completely online
Permit services: Land use, building and permit applications are available online or by phone 360-487-7800.
Building inspections: Building inspections will continue for new construction projects only. Inspections requested for occupied structures may be postponed or conducted using remote technology, such as video or photos, at the inspector’s discretion. Inspection scheduling available online.
Water & Sewer Permits
Applicants/Builders can apply for Water and Sewer permits through the link below:
Check – Place check (including the permit number or application summary) drop box located in the City Hall on-site parking lot or mail to Permit Center PO BOX 1995 Vancouver, WA 98668-1995
The permits will be emailed to you for signature. Please sign and scan the permits back.
By Appointment Only
Hours of operation:
- Our office at City Hall, 1701 C Street, are closed to the public.
- Offices hours are Monday – Thursday, 8am – 5pm, CLOSED Fridays
- Community Development staff are available by phone or email Monday through Thursday during office hours.
Building Permits and Planning Reviews:
Applications and plan submittals that relate to essential facilities or for emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity for residential structures in compliance with the Governor’s Proclamation and Guidance Memo will be accepted by appointment only.
All other building permits or planning reviews may be sent via mail or electronically when allowed. Plans will be reviewed within established timeframes.
ONLY permits that are related to essential facilities or for emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity for residential structures in compliance with the Governor’s Proclamation and Guidance Memo will be issued and when they are it will be by appointment only.
Permit and Application Forms can be downloaded at our website:
Questions or appointments:
· For Building please contact Teresa Guise, Permit Specialist:
(360) 835-8501 x611 or email@example.com.
· For Planning/Development Engineering please contact Jessica Herceg, Planner:
(360) 835-8501 x603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY inspections that are related to essential facilities or for emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity for residential structures in compliance with the Governor’s Proclamation and Guidance Memo will take place. Inspections will be restricted to unoccupied structures. Buildings and structures must be completely vacant prior to inspections taking place. Skype, or other similar electronic media inspections may be utilized based on need and type of inspection. For questions regarding inspections please contact email@example.com.